For example, there is research indicating demand for 50,000 more construction managers in Australia, over the next five years and in the UK some 20% of the construction workforce is due to retire in the next 5 to 10 years. However, in general terms at least, the property boom continues in Europe and North America, while there is a relative slowdown in Asia and the Middle East.
AGN member firms help clients deal with these challenges, everyday, all over the world. They service a vast array of businesses in the property & construction sector including;
- Lenders and intermediaries
- Property developers and investors
- Construction companies – often family businesses
- Architects practices and civil engineering consultancies
- Specialist equipment and plant suppliers
- Materials handlers and suppliers
- Real estate investment trusts, operating companies and facilities management businesses
- Domestic and commercial real estate agents
- Professional services suppliers
The sector spans global commercial property developers, the big construction contractors and the huge capital investment funds. Critically these businesses support many more subsidiary or supply chain businesses that form part of the property & construction sector - and it's these SME and family businesses that AGN member firms specialize in servicing.
The challenges that these businesses are facing include shortages of land and skilled resources, rising raw material costs, fluctuations in domestic and international property demand, the introduction of new technology and the need to comply with increasingly complex environmental regulations.
AGN members deploy a range of professional services to assist:
- Legal services, including dispute/claims resolution, litigation and arbitration, employment, contracts, compliance, leases, company setup, legislative and regulatory issues, expert reports, consequential damage and loss of profits reporting, testimony, fraud
- Consultancy Acquisitions, development, joint ventures, sales and other transactions
- International tax services, including planning, VAT, transactions, compliance and appeals
- Financing advice, analysis and security
- Introduction and integration of project management information systems, critical performance measures
- Capital budgeting/allocation, cost reduction, cash-flow analysis, internal financial reporting, portfolio monitoring and reporting, investment evaluation and prioritization